Medved Trader Forums

Is it possible to declare and use a CurrentState variable as an array?

Thebattlefront

Hello, I have been having a bit of trouble getting arrays to work with the CurrentState variables. For example: This line of code:

Works without any issues. The debugging log and the chart shows the correct PBShapes and Colors for those shapes, so I know the code is working. However, if I were to declare a new CurrentState variable in this way:

}

}

And then subsequently write the line of code:

The debugging log below the code lines does not return any immediate error in the coding. However, a red "X" displays on the Chart next to the PaintBar's name in the top left and the PBShapes and Colors don't show on the chart as well. So I was wondering if I have declared or defined something incorrectly, or if possibly the CurrentState function doesn't support array type variables. 

Wow I really messed up the formatting. How do i delete this lol

I will rewrite it here again instead:

Is it possible to declare and use a CurrentState variable as an array?

Hello, I have been having a bit of trouble getting arrays to work with the CurrentState variables. For example: This line of code:

double[] abc_Vector = {1, 2, 3, 4};

double abc = abc_Vector[1];

Works without any issues. The debugging log and the chart shows the correct PBShapes and Colors for those shapes, so I know the code is working. However, if I were to declare a new CurrentState variable in this way:

private void PaintbarInitialize()

{

CurrentState.m_dTest = new double[4] {0, 0, 0, 0};

}

private struct PaintbarState

{

public double[] m_dTest;

}

And then subsequently write the line of code somewhere in any another function:

double abc = CurrentState.m_dTest[1];

The debugging log below the code lines does not return any immediate error in the coding. However, a red "X" displays on the Chart next to the PaintBar's name in the top left and the PBShapes and Colors don't show on the chart as well. So I know something running inside the program is having a problem. And the only thing that I've changed from the working program, to the one that is not working, is the declaration of the CurrentState array variable. So I was wondering if I have declared or defined something incorrectly, or if possibly the CurrentState function doesn't support array type variables. 

EDIT: Apparently I can't copy paste code from the Paintbar directly into a post. It turns up empty.

EDIT: I typed it in manually instead

Edited by Thebattlefront