Medved Trader Forums

SCHWAB integration - RELEASED BETA! (NOTE: some limitations)

Jerry Medved

@burp Fidelity does is not supported for Level II.  Only Level I quotes.

dxFeed - you have it selected somewhere, which is why you are getting the login prompt. to remove, you would have to make sure to NOT have it selected. That has to be done on top of the portfolio window, MAIN Tab and/or INDEXES tab. If you used it for Level II, then on top of the level II window'

NOTE: NOT in settings screen.

im sorry but ive tried everything and it keeps giving me a pop up with the log in info saying its no good...can I just remove mt completly and start fresh?

Also I opened a fidelity account today and there is no Fidelity listed under the drop down in l2 window so that was a big waste of time.

perhaps I can just cancel my MT account and create a whole new account at this point...I feel as though I am annoying you . I have been using MT for 20 years and have never had these issues

SIGH - SLOW DOWN!!!! Please read my responses

reinstalling will NOT get rid of it and it has absolutely NOTHING to do with MT account.

Fidelity - not supported for Level II.  IB and TradeStation have it, but not free.

dxFeed - it IS selected somewhere or it would not prompt for login. That is just a fact.  If you cannot find it, send us logs/settings and we can check where for you, but it is definitely on one of the open screens.

Go to FILE / HELP => Send Log/Settings to support menu (from Dashboard or Portfolio)

And add this Post’s URL in the comment. 

@burp   Before you run off and open an IBKR account - IBKR requires their app (TWS) to be running in order to use MT (MT connects to TWS, not directly to IBKR) and you can only be logged into TWS in one place at a time, one IBKR account doesn't allow running two instances of TWS.

So unless you can get two instances of MT to share a single instance of IBKR's TWS program (which I tried at one point and was not successful in doing) opening an IBKR account will NOT accomplish your goal.

Hope this helps!

Edited by Pete

1 minute ago, Pete said:

@burp   Before you run off and open an IBKR account - IBKR requires their app (TWS) to be running in order to use MT (MT connects to TWS, not directly to IBKR) and you can only be logged into TWS in one place at a time, one IBKR account doesn't allow running two instances of TWS.

So unless you can get two instances of MT to share a single instance of IBKR's TWS program (which I tried at one point and was not successful in doing) opening an IBKR account will NOT accomplish your goal.

Hope this helps!

im just going to live with fidelity Level one

1 minute ago, burp said:

im just going to live with fidelity Level one

Gotcha.   Another thing is that IBKR doesn't give free data, you have to pay for it so signing up for an account just to get a data feed won't really work.

you need to give us a chance to actually look and respond. you are panicking about something that really does not warrant it.

I just responded to your via email. Restart MT. then if still getting the prompt, send log again.  The log we got did not go back to the start of the session because it was way more than a few hours ago

Im just an old man who doesnt recognize the world he lives in anymore...technology left me behind so Im am helpless ....I just dont understnd the terms that everyi=one uses yes the last month has been extremely frustrating with changing over from amertrade..