Medved Trader Forums

Request for Beta

maharnack

Hi Jerry,

I have used QT for many years and have loved it.

One of the reasons I like it so much, besides being an excellent charting software,

is the fact that it runs natively (through wine) on Linux.

I remember many years ago you wrote on the QT board, that as long as you are there, QT 

would support the wine/linux route.

Is this still the case with the new Medved Trader? It would be great, because running two systems on 

one machine is an unnecessary division of resources, and nowdays I don't use Windows for anything any more.

I have just heard that MT is now available as beta, and would very much love to try it. (my broker is IB)

Could you please send me a copy of it?

Thank you very much..

kind regards.

@pescador, I sent you the beta. 

I have no idea if MT will work on Linux with WINE. MT is written in C# and requires NET 4.0 Client Profile, so at the very least you would need that to be functional within WINE. MT uses a bunch of Win API stuff. Don't know if it will work. Please give it a try and let us know here.

Thanks

Jerry

Hi Jerry

Been using QT for many years.  Using globeinvestor now but used to use scotia until it stopped working.  looks like globeinvestor might stop as well.  It isn't functioning today so far.  That prompted me this morning to see if there are alternatives and I just now came accross your site.  Does or will your MT work with Globe Unlimited, Globeinvestor, or Scotia RT, and is there a way to import my current QT portfolios to MT.  Is there a list of available sources somewhere?, and might i request a copy of your Beta?

RAH,

Right now MT supports the following:

TD Ameritrade
ARCA - Level II
ASX (Australia)
CommSec (Australia)
E*Trade (Australia)
Interactive Brokers
IQFeed      (subscription - US and Canadian)
Money.net  (subscription)
Stockwatch (subscription - US and Canadian)
TradeKing (not released yet)
Yahoo

GlobeInvestor was delayed, so you can use Yahoo for those quotes in MT. As for real-time Canadian quotes, right now they are available from Interactive Brokers, IQFeed and Stockwatch.  We will add others in the future. 

MT does not have any import of QT settings or Portfolios. However, if you have a comma separated list (or space or tab separated or one per line), you can just copy/paste it right into MT.

I emailed you the beta instructions

RAH,

Right now MT supports the following:

TD Ameritrade
ARCA - Level II
ASX (Australia)
CommSec (Australia)
E*Trade (Australia)
Interactive Brokers
IQFeed      (subscription - US and Canadian)
Money.net  (subscription)
Stockwatch (subscription - US and Canadian)
TradeKing (not released yet)
Yahoo

GlobeInvestor was delayed, so you can use Yahoo for those quotes in MT. As for real-time Canadian quotes, right now they are available from Interactive Brokers, IQFeed and Stockwatch.  We will add others in the future. 

MT does not have any import of QT settings or Portfolios. However, if you have a comma separated list (or space or tab separated or one per line), you can just copy/paste it right into MT.

I emailed you the beta instructions

Hi Jerry

thanks for the info.  Got most of it working and columns etc setup the way i was used to with QT.  One thing I don't see though is a way to display indices.  Is there a way of doing that?

@pescador, I sent you the beta. 

I have no idea if MT will work on Linux with WINE. MT is written in C# and requires NET 4.0 Client Profile, so at the very least you would need that to be functional within WINE. MT uses a bunch of Win API stuff. Don't know if it will work. Please give it a try and let us know here.

Thanks

Jerry

Thank you Jerry!

I am going to test it, and try to do my best to make it run.

I hope I will be able to help to make it work ..

thank you and kind regards

pescador

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Jerry! I am still using 'Quotetracker' with data feed from Stockwatch.com. I would be willing to be a beta tester as I still love my Quotetracker and my guess I would love your Medved Trader even more! Will it accept data feed  from Stockwatch?  Look forward to hear from you,

Tom