Medved Trader Forums

Disable market data part of API to Questrade

makincash

Let me qualify that - the Trade Ticket (quote on top) and quotes on the Account View come from the selected broker and cannot be separated at this time. we are trying to see if we can separate that. However, even if you are not subscribing to Quoestrade data, you can still trade. Just look at the quotes on the portfolio, not on the Account View.

Solved why MedVed was constantly stealing the data feed from Questrade.  I had the indexes in the top of the watch list window still connected to Questrade as a data source therefore that was activating the market data for Questrade.  If you have nothing linked to market data in MedVed then you can still access the Questrade account and trading without  stealing your data feed from Questrade.

Looks like if you go to the account view for Questraede in MedVed and open the positions page, MedVed requests info (assuming a quote for the securities) from Questrade and steals the market data feed from Questrade well you are on that tab and for a minute after.

Still wondering if there is anyway to Block MedVed from using the data feed in Questrade completely.  I guess as well is there a way to assign the account view to use the default or defined data source instead of Questrade for Quotes.

Thank you,

Jeff