Medved Trader Forums

Seriously with this TDA Login...

ydfah

What is the deal with TDA login these days? I have MT scheduled to start every day at 8:15 am. Again this morning all of my pre-market data is missing because quotes were stopped while yet another text a code prompt was on my screen. Fortunately I was home and checked at 9:30 just in time, otherwise my intraday date would've also been missing due to the quotes being stopped, and yes I've checked the "trust this device" box every time I've entered a code. This is starting to get ridiculous.

we are on it

1) notified them about it this morning - the error MT is getting - was supposed to be fixed, but was not

2) I found WHY it is happening - triggered right at 9:03. MT was relogging in at that time. with everyone triggering login at exact same time - causes too much load on servers from MT specifically, triggering the error. I just fixed it to spread the re-logins over a period of time, which should fix the issue. 

• 1 month later...

Jerry, same thing is happening to me today - kept answering the security question, clicking "trust this device", 5 minutes later it popped back up - even after I had switched all open windows to using Ally as the source. Hasn't happened for the last ten minutes, but if I switch a window back to TDA the stupid login box reappears, quotes stop for that window, and it won't recognize any of the 3 TDA logins I have. This isn't a nit - Ally doesn't provide L2, only TDA does, so I can't trade within MT right now. Ally is giving me wrong 52 week high data too - circled a few in red in the attachment, but every symbol with two green boxes drawn by MT shows the error.

Screenshot_3.jpg

14 minutes ago, ex_hacker202 said:

Jerry, same thing is happening to me today -

You're likely having the same issue as I am today, I started another thread regarding it. Jerry tells me it's the TDA API servers that are causing the issue. Take a look here: