Medved Trader Forums

Yahoo News

ydfah

• 3 weeks later...

Since the last update I'm not seeing any yellow light bulbs for news next to any of the symbols in my portfolios or watch lists - are you saying MT will no longer download Yahoo news automatically, or did this switch apply to all news sources? For a few symbols I see an outline of a lightbulb, clicking on that symbol for news opens the news panel, but it takes a couple seconds to populate - I have to manually check every symbol for new news, this is not good - some symbols even have news but no lightbulb symbol at all, meaning I have to scroll through every symbol (about 60!) to see if there's news. This has to be fixed - the news function is crucial to watch lists. I'm currently getting news from TDA, Ally, and Yahoo sources.

I understand that Yahoo news is only be request now, but as I mentioned I'm not seeing a yellow "there's new news" lightbulb next to any symbol - I have no way of knowing if TDA or Ally or CNBC has news waiting for me, and checking my portfolio I do see news today that came from either TDA or Ally plus CNBC news. This is a separate issue from no longer auto-polling Yahoo news.

As an aside, what suddenly caused Yahoo news to be too much of a burden for MT to handle after all these years?

as far as the other sources not scanning or getting streaming (TDA) in the background, send us the log/settings.

As for Yahoo, the API we were using no longer works and the only way we can get the news is reading a very large page containing it. Because of the size of that page, it is not practical to scan in the background

• 3 months later...

Hi,

I get no Yahoo news even when I click on a symbol in the News screen although 'Yahoo Finance' is enabled in the DataSources screen. I get news for sources mkWatch, finviz, cnbc.. but nothing on yahoo so I get no news for international stocks like OXE.ST for instance.

Is there a setup I should activate for this?

Hi,

I still do not get yahoo news using OXE:ST. I don't get them on any symbols. No yahoo news on US symbols : On AAPL I only get news from source cnbc and finviz source. However I can see yahoo has news for the symbol but I don't get them even if I double click on the ticker in the news screen. Is that a setup issue?

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/OXE.ST/news?p=OXE.ST 

there isn't any recent news.  I did get a bunch on AAPL though. You would only see the news item if you select the symbol on the News window. It will not update in background for Yahoo. If you still have a problem, then bring up news on AAPL, then send me the logs.

Go to FILE / HELP => Send Log/Settings to support menu (from Dashboard or Portfolio)

And add this Post’s URL in the comment.