Medved Trader Forums

Abitility to block a certain ticker for the day

3acor

Question

Hey,

A lot of times if I take a loss on the stock due to me doing a bad trade on it, I tend to want to make it back and I end up losing more on it

Would it be possible to have an option where we can block a certain ticker for the whole trading session? That way we cannot even see the chart for that ticker

Thanks in advance :)

Edited by 3acor

7 answers to this question

15 hours ago, wilburpost2 said:

You could do something simple like changing the chart to a different symbol. Then, when your discipline returns you could switch back with a new MT feature, Alt + left arrow.

Thanks for the answer, another way I can do it is just clear the data for that ticker and backfill it again as another ticker. That way the data on the ticker is wrong 

colmex pro, which is CFDs so a bit different. I've also tried IB and they did it for me, a bit different they just temporarily increased the margin requirements for that ticker.

But I believe most have basic risk management protocols, like you can call up and ask them to not let you go below $200 loss for the day or flatten all positions, etc.

I guess limiting your ability to trade specific tickers may be asking a bit too much.

22 hours ago, dubcanada said:

colmex pro, which is CFDs so a bit different. I've also tried IB and they did it for me, a bit different they just temporarily increased the margin requirements for that ticker.

But I believe most have basic risk management protocols, like you can call up and ask them to not let you go below $200 loss for the day or flatten all positions, etc.

I guess limiting your ability to trade specific tickers may be asking a bit too much.

Yes I asked IB if they can restrict certain tickers and they don't do that. I submitted a request though.