Medved Trader Forums

question about creating an indicator

I have about 5 moving averages on my daily chart (10,21,50,etc).  I was thinking it would be nice to be able to toggle them all on or off at once to see the candles + the other indicators.   i know I can click on each one in the title area one and a time to turn them on or off, and also know i can turn off or on all indicators - but neither is exactly what I want.   

Would I be able to create an indicator using the paintbar tools that would display moving averages?  In other words I know I'm able to draw a horizontal line w/ the paintbar; can I plot a moving average through that system so I could write an indicator that would display multiple moving averages that could be toggled on or off together?

If not, any other suggestions?

Thanks!

You can, today, utilize paintbars to do indicators that can have as an output:

1. A single line/curve

2. A band (two lines, colored in between)

3. A set of straight lines with text on them

To make a full-fledged indicator editor would be hard. Mostly because indicators are written for efficiency, which adds complexity, and there is SO much stuff that can go into an indicator. Even if I do a pre-wizard to generate a lot of the code it is still complicated afterwards.

• Like 1