Medved Trader Forums

Raindrop Charts

Sardic

Question

Would it be possible to get raindrop candles included as candlestick type?

https://trendspider.com/blog/raindrops-vs-japanese-candlesticks-more-insights-with-zero-noise/

A lot of charting software are starting to add this option and it's quite helpful in determining moves that happen without scouring daily volume vs price for each daily candlestick or intraday wicks.

6 answers to this question

I see that, very nice. I've looked high and low for a setting get these on the historical charts?  I can't seem to find a way for it to show up on the daily/weekly/monthly?  This is important for ranking support/resistance as well ass supply and demand.

Right now I have to rely on the daily volume candle which is somewhat helpful unless the range for the day was very large then it's tough to drill down and find the true range unless I pull up the intraday which works as long as it's within the dates allowed to show for intraday.  For older supply and demand zones i have no way of pulling that data unless it's on the historical chart. 

Also, I've noticed that it only shows the volume profile for the last few days... I'm sure it's something I'm doing on my end but I can't get it to go any further back than a few days for the intraday charts.

Thanks for all you do for us!

Screenshot_1.png

Edited by Sardic
upload chart pic

Well from their definition, the raindrop charts need intraday data. They cannot work on historical data. You need volume at each price level. Also I made it so that these candles don't take into account OHLC backfilled data because the one-minute OHLC data is very non-granular. Jerry pointed out though that for your purposes OHLC data would work, so I put that in.

Will be in next version.

That's what I thought as well but I can't use the intraday raindrop charts unless i can get it to show more than 2-3 days of data.  Is there a setting i'm missing that only shows it for the past few days as opposed to the entire intraday chart?

seems to be universal i'm getting about a weeks worth of data on the intraday.

Screenshot_2.png

Edited by Sardic