Medved Trader Forums

Request for Beta

maharnack

Just read about MT today. I used qt for years and converted to tos about a year ago. I have accounts on schwab,tos, and tradestation.

I would love to receive a beta version of MT. I used paintbars and the data serving functions extensively for some programs that I wrote in basic.

John

i emailed you beta instructions.

As for not being able to login, that has to do with your TDA account.  It must have gotten "Upgraded"  - you change anything? 
Add futures, complex options, etc?  

that causes your account to be upgraded, and you will no longer have access to the API, so neither MT or QT ill be able to login.

You will need to call TD Ameritrade and have them Downgrade the account or remove whatever it was that was added.  If you do it today, then tomorrow you should be able to login.

i emailed you beta instructions.

You will need to call TD Ameritrade and have them Downgrade the account or remove whatever it was that was added.  If you do it today, then tomorrow you should be able to login.

Thanks Jerry,

The tda log-in problem seems to have fixed itself somehow this morning. In the mean time I installed the new beta and registered but it won't let me logon. I actually registered twice because I thought there might have been a problem with my first registration. I had to use two seperate e-mail address's. Sure would like to get the beta working, any help is apprectated.

Terry

if you are able to login to MT, but not TD Ameritrade, then your account issue is not resolved. Are you able to login to the same account with QT? (the same issue applies to all 3rd party software that use TDA API)

[/quoteSorry, I guess I wasn't very clear. qt now logs-on to000 tda.

mt won't allow me to logon peroid. So I never get to choose which broker account to use. I did register mt twice trying to get it to let me log on. When I try to log-on it just pops out a window saying log-on failed.

Hope this helps and thanks for the attention.

Terry

Terry,

I don't see any attempts to login. You aren't trying to login on the web site, are you?

You need to download MT and install it and run it - the login will be the first screen.

if you are getting to that point but not able to login, then check your firewall, because if it gets to that point and failing and nothing is hitting our servers, then that means something is blocking it.

Terry,

I don't see any attempts to login. You aren't trying to login on the web site, are you?

Thanks, looking at firewall now. I don't see anything out of order in the fire wall. mt shows up in the control panel (add/remove programs) I'm going to try un-installing mt and then re-installing. If that don't work I'll wait until next week when I'll be getting a new computer. This one is an old p-4 xp and the new one is an i-7 w/win 7.

Thanks again.