Medved Trader Forums

Possible Historical Chart (Data) Error

I've seen this issue a few times each month, thinking it was an IQFeed data issue, but I'm not so sure now.  Can you please take a look to see if it is an error with the historical charts with MT, or if it is actually a data issue.  The problem only shows itself when there was a huge volume and price move the previous trading day (Historical data for that previous day is missing, except for the volume, so that daily bar is missing on the historical charts and it "looks" like a data problem.  That previous day then doesn't show up on the historical charts until about a week passes.)  In this case the data for 6/15/2015 isn't showing on the historical charts for symbol AXPW when using IQFeed.  Clearing all data and requesting a backfill makes no difference. I just noticed the same problem occurs whether the data source is IQFeed, TD Ameritrade, or Yahoo.

I fired up my old Quote Tracker software and the chart and Historical data from IQFeed looks fine for 6/15/2015:

Quote%20Tracker%20Historical%20AXPW%20da

Here's what it looks like in MT using the data from IQFeed (looks the same for TD Ameritrade and Yahoo):

MT%20Historical%20AXPW%20data%20with%20I

Notice the above data fields on 6/15/2015 for Open, High, and Low are missing and the Close price is incorrect.  The volume is correct, but the entire daily bar for that day is missing on the historical chart.

Please let me know if you need any other information from me.

Thanks,

Tim

• 1 month later...

This error showed up again today, this time for stock symbol AQXP. (Probably because of the excessive price and volume moves.) In this case yesterday's high (8/10/2015) of $55.75 is not showing on the historical chart:

AQXP%20Info_zps6a6fmzd1.jpg

Please let me know if you need any other information from me.

Thanks,

Tim

• 3 months later...