Medved Trader Forums
ydfah

Scrolling Ticker Tape

Question

As one that has spent close to 20-years nagging you guys for features...;)...I think it's time for me to notify you of my intent to harp on you for a scrolling ticker tape to be available when MT is running. <_<

21 answers to this question

Thanks Mike! BTW, notice my ferret avatar? I chose to use that one because of you too. I know how much you  :wub: them.

Oh, ydfah, that's sweet :)

Yes, when we were thinking what to name the program, we (well, I) tried sounding out "Weasel Trader" and "Mustelids United" or just "Wolverines!". But then we settled on the mundane name.

That dang Jerry always gets his way! You'll need to remind him that people traded furs long before they traded stocks; meaning we still own the practice and he's just a guest here. ;)

Several program updates and still no scrolling ticker tape. Come on guys the holidays are over, I know you can do this...chop, chop! <_<

Okay I gave you a break so you had the time to work on the scrolling tickertape. Now that QT is going by the wayside it's more important than ever to get a scrolling tickertape feature in MT.

Paintbars are coming. Then indexes. Index stuff is similar to ticker tape.

But frankly, ydfah, through the years with QT, I very rarely saw anyone saying they used QT's tickertape. Of course, since my interaction with users was mostly through tech support emails, maybe it just worked so perfectly and intuitively that no one emailed us about it.

6 hours ago, Mike Medved said:

Of course, since my interaction with users was mostly through tech support emails, maybe it just worked so perfectly and intuitively that no one emailed us about it.

That would be my guess...it worked so perfectly that there was never a reason to contact support over it. B)

I'm kinda surprised the ticker tape is missing

A one stop glance at all the indices is pretty helpful, so add me in w/ ydfah

• Like 1

On ‎09‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 10:14 AM, ydfah said:

Still waiting.....

It's even more of an issue now that I can't run the one in QT anymore.

Crickets.... <_<

ydfah, the tile view port and future index panel will have most of the stuff of the scrolling ticker tape. We may do the scrolling stuff too in the future, but right now there are way too many things to do ahead of it (Like that index panel)

On ‎10‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 0:16 PM, Jerry Medved said:

but right now there are way too many things to do ahead of it (Like that index panel)

That's okay, I'll keep bringing it up from time to time as a reminder and you can keep responding with excuses. ;)

55 minutes ago, Mike Medved said:

Working on a built-in scanner. Based on paintbar code. Wouldn't you like to have that?

Hmm, not sure, I never really got into that whole paintbar thing. I just know that when my ferrets would climb up on my desk to visit me, they would sit there and watch the ticker tape scroll by with all of it's colors. You do want ferrets to be happy...don't you...Mike? :wub: