Medved Trader Forums

VWAP candles - preview

Mike Medved

Question

15 answers to this question

Yeah I saw it before (speaking of which, we will be "dxFeed's Medved Trader" soon - that is, we will have dxFeed available in MT).

I am really not sure

1. what EXACTLY is being shown. It looks like a huge mess... and

2. Since there is no such thing as historical depth of market, the only way to construct that chart is to turn it on and have it accumulate.?

19 hours ago, Mike Medved said:

Yeah I saw it before (speaking of which, we will be "dxFeed's Medved Trader" soon - that is, we will have dxFeed available in MT).

I am really not sure

2. Since there is no such thing as historical depth of market, the only way to construct that chart is to turn it on and have it accumulate.?

The real beauty of Bookmap is the ability to see liquidity in histogram format. Enhances trading strategies for support, resistance, absorption, iceberg detection, etc. You're correct, the displayed chart is an accumulation of data client side. They also save data for some symbols server side on their own for historical data. Here's another view showing liquidity levels.

Lastly, they have the ability to trade directly on the chart for some brokers ... recommend that in the MVP as well 😁

Bookmap Review - Will This Improve Your Trading?

On 11/3/2021 at 7:20 PM, Mike Medved said:

I am really not sure

Hi Mike; could you give us more info about this news pls? , will it be only one more datafeed for MT or the integration will be more extensive (example: they have also a market scanner server side that can be integrated ).

Or are you and Jerry selling the Mt to them?   thx.

Horacio

G-d forbid merlin :)

No it is just another data feed in MT. The reason why I called it "dxFeed's Medved Trader" is because they like to call every app that connects to them "dxFeed's something" and put them on their web site.

The integration would bring in all their features that are compatible with MT (for example, they are one of the few data feeds that provide info on all symbols they carry, so symbol lookup will be working in MT when connected to dxFeed). Once this is all done I will have to look at what extra features they have.

:)

Goog :)

This is a great oportunity to integrate their market scanner feed  https://dxfeed.com/market-search/dxfeed-radar/ and https://dxfeed.com/market-search/dxfeed-alert-service/ , to have the ability to scan the whole  market (server side) .

(Benzinga Pro actually have both features , they work very  very good and should be "cheap" to subscribe, compared with other services as Trade ideas, scanz etc))

:)

Edited by merlin8121