Medved Trader Forums

Indicator Requests

Lew Payne

Question

I'd like to request the following indicators...

ATR

CCI

Keltner Channels

StochRSI (Stochastic RSI)

ALMA (Arnaud Legoux Moving Average)

If you need the formula for ALMA, I have a Java version I can provide.  It is not proprietary, and there are no licensing issues.

Lew

• Like 1

We are adding indicators as we go along. There is no "all" target since new indicators can be added at any time. Don't have specific deadline for getting the indicators that were previously available in QT. 

If there is some specific one that you can't live without, let us know - we can probably implement it sooner rather than later.

Yes Sir,in QT.Still using QT with an old Ameritrade acc.but am getting nervouse on how long it will be around.Have MB Trading for broker and am detatching and floating the the windows such as 'Open Orders',Possitions',Trading Window' from MB Trader Pro around the Quotetracker program to get it all on one monitor and have a second for web brousing.I narrowed up the QT to 3/4 screen and have all the MB resized windows to the right of it on a 19" monitor.After saving the configs I log in and everything pops right back into place where I left it.I recomend it for any broker that has undockable windows to set up right next to MV unless there is integrated trading some day.

Weighted TSI=WTSI

G'day & Happy New Year.

Indicator clone & save.

ovb5.jpg

Ability to configure, clone and save Indicators.  i.e. H.Line(PClose)  etc....

Default only saves one variation of settings, nor color preference

[indicator group / section would be cream, but not a necessity]

Currrently, for each instance of horizontal line indicator [H.Line], H.Line must be dragged over and configured separately. When new chart created, must duplicate action.  

Work around is to create indicators, then save chart template for each of the various configurations, workable, but messy & tedious, also conflicts with chart template being saved for other parameters, i.e. type, period, frequency, timeframe, extended hours....

It is possible to "sync" charts, however, not all charts may use the same indicator set. i.e. Forex, Commodities, Index's

Similar situation for EMA indicator [and others], Example:
Depending on time frame of chart, one may use:
Single EMA: 9, 20, 50, 200
Combination: 9/20 - 20/50 - 50/200 etc
Combination of the above along with/without H.Lines or other indicators.

Additionally, an on/off toggle would be nice, [check box]  [just mentioning]
if you need to suppress the indicators to declutter the chart momentarily, you must remove the indicator's then reload the template or re-configure. [relying on memory]

Thank you kindly,

HK

I am looking for a thinkorswim RelativeStrength.  Not sure it is already in somewhere or need to be included. it is not the same as "Compare Symbol".  It is described by thinkorswim as per below:

RelativeStrength
Description

Relative Strength compares the price movement of a stock with an index, a sector or another stock to indicate their correlation. It is derived by dividing one security's price by another ("base") security's price. The result of this division is the ratio or relationship between the two securities. 

Input Parameters
Parameter Description correlation with security The security to calculate the correlation with.

Ability to configure, clone and save Indicators.  i.e. H.Line(PClose)  etc....

If I understand you correctly, you want to save groups of indicators, so you can then later apply one or more groups to the charts, where as templates overwrite everything. Right?

As for colors, any saved indiators would not save colors. Those need to be auto assigned, so that they don't conflict with other indicators on the charts.

You can hide indicators without removing them either by right click option on the indicator legend, of if you go to Select Indicator screen, you can select multiple indicators on the right side, then right click on the selection and pick HIDE

If I understand you correctly, you want to save groups of indicators, so you can then later apply one or more groups to the charts, where as templates overwrite everything. Right? 

Correct, Primarily desire method to save configuration of the various indicators. Secondary is the ability to save group of indicators,

Using system Indicator: Horizontal line indicator as an example [H.Line]

What is most important is the ability to save each variant of the [H.Line] { pClose, High, Low, pHigh, pLow }

Uniquely saved via system name or unique name [rename] {optional, not a necessity}

i.e. H.Line(pClose)  <- same as currently displayed on chart when loaded.

---

Thank you for the tip on hiding indicators, works great  - I assumed that was the case on color selection, 

HK

I'm a long time user of QT, and have had the thought more than once about having at least one of the "lower indicators" being able to display above the chart. So in essence if I was using three "lower indicators", I might have one of them above and two below - keeping the same vertical space requirement as it would with all three below. Not sure if this would even be feasible in the design of MT, but if so, maybe in some future version?

Average True Range (ATR)

Definition: ATR

Ref: Tradestation & Multicharts Easylanguage script

inputs:
ATRLength( 14 ),
AlertLength( 14 ) ;

variables:
var0( 0 ) ;

var0 = AvgTrueRange( ATRLength ) ;

Plot1( var0, "ATR" ) ; 

condition1 = HighestBar( var0, AlertLength ) = 0 ;
if condition1 then
Alert( "Indicator at high" ) 
else 
begin 
condition1 = LowestBar( var0, AlertLength ) = 0 ;
if condition1 then
Alert( "Indicator at low" ) ;
end;

EDIT: Thank you Mike for adding ATR
Edited by HK~

Hello,

I'm a long time user of QT, you have developed a wonderful product, thank you.

In previewing other products, I came across something I find useful, not an indicator, but useful.

In TOS, when you place your cursor over a chart, TOS places a horizontal and vertical line, thus allowing the user to quickly ascertain price and time at a specific, earlier time.  I use this as a quick check to determine if I want to plot a price line. 

What is your opinion of adding a function to allow the mouse cursor to plot a horizontal and vertical line on a chart?  Or maybe I missed it, does this currently exist in QT?

Thank you for the continued development of a wonderful tool.

LaBellaFarms

@LaBellaFarms,

That exists both in QT and in MT.  By default in MT the Trace information shows up when you hold down the SHIFT key, or for freestyle trace, CTRL+SHIFT.

if you want the trace to always show, you can go to Settings / Charts / General and check the box for enabling Trace always show