Medved Trader Forums

Indicator Requests

Lew Payne

Question

I'd like to request the following indicators...

ATR

CCI

Keltner Channels

StochRSI (Stochastic RSI)

ALMA (Arnaud Legoux Moving Average)

If you need the formula for ALMA, I have a Java version I can provide.  It is not proprietary, and there are no licensing issues.

Lew

• Like 1

I'm assuming that you'll have Keltner channels as part of the mix at some point? Also, it would be nice to have the same polygon screen effect for RSI as indicators like CCI. Maybe that's in the works too?

Also, I'm curious about the "Horizontal Line" indicator... when I select it I would expect it to show a horizontal line that can be dragged up and down, with the value shown wherever it lands. But nothing is shown on the chart. What am I missing?

Thanks, Dave

As for horizontal line indicator - you cannot move the indicator with a mouse. If you want a horizontal line that you can manipulate, draw a trendline (hold down the SHIFT key to draw horizontal or vertical one).   The H.Line indicator can be used to draw a fixed location line or one tied to a value, such as VWAP, High, Low, etc.

Hey Jerry, what I mean by the polygon thing is like what you've now done to an indicator like CCI, where the peaks above 100 and the valleys below -100 are filled in with color (these filled color areas I think of as enclosed polygons, but I guess more accurately are just enclosed areas). I'm just asking if the same could be done for RSI above the 70 and below the 30?

And now after playing around with the horizontal line indicator I totally get what it's supposed to do. Very cool tool indeed. And I just checked in QT and while it's much simpler, I'm embarrassed to say I never "discovered" it there before :-).

Possible to have included Linear Regression Forcast with adjustable parameters

1. Ma ( type)  simple,exp, ..etc.

2. Ma (period)

3. Price( open., close, etc.)

4. regression period

5. Forcast period.

What is the difference between Time Series Forecast and Linear Regression Forecast (right now the TSF is calculated using one candle forward. Is that what you mean by "Forecast period" - varying that?)

As far as I can tell from googling, the difference between "Time Series Forecast" and "Linear Regression Forecast" is that the TSF is performed on the candle values while LRF is performed on the MA. Is that correct?

yes, that is correct. I was looking for the ability to make adjustments that can be made to this indicator (linear regression forcast) as far as regression period , smoothing period (MA Period ) and Forecast Period. If a check box for Wilders smoothing would make it simplier for you.I've noticed that in some of QT periods.

I'd like to request the following indicators...

Would it be possible to incorporate and supply and demand level indicator and have those areas appear on the chart?

Ninjatrader has a nice S&D indicator but I don't want to use 2 separate platforms.

The other indicator I would like to request is the Opening Tick indicator.

The last indicator would be the Candlestick Pattern Spotter.

What would be the formula for the s&d indicator? How is it presented? Do you have any url to a page for it?

Opening tick - what exactly is it? Note that we have the opening range indicator

Candlestick spotter - that's a bit more than we want to do at this time. It is something that may be done in future versions, after the other core stuff is done

Candlestick pattern spotter is easily implemented either by paintbars or by coding a custom indicator (which users will be able to do fairly easily in the future)

The problem: there are SO MANY patterns and so many ways to define them. So I would prefer to leave it to users to do that. Maybe we will host a sub-forum here where people can discuss and exchange custom indicators like that.

• Like 2

What would be the formula for the s&d indicator? How is it presented? Do you have any url to a page for it?

> I am not sure what the formula would be for Supply and demand but here is a Youtube video that explains S&D.

> http://traderkingdom.com/trading-futures-education-topics/trading-futures-basics/3068-supply-and-demand-zones-in-the-trading-markets

> https://www.ninjacators.com/realtimesupplyanddemand-download/

Opening tick - what exactly is it? Note that we have the opening range indicator

Candlestick spotter - that's a bit more than we want to do at this time. It is something that may be done in future versions, after the other core stuff is done

> What I mean by Candlestick spotter is a Candlestick indicator. So when a doji, a Hammer, Bull Engulf, etc is formed is will display on the chart. 

>  You can see a good example of this here https://www.fibozachi.com/candlestick-xray/gallery

On 12/17/2013 at 12:34 AM, Lew Payne said:

ALMA (Arnaud Legoux Moving Average)

m = floor(Offset*(Length-1));
  s = Length/Sigma;
  Wtd = 0;
  WtdSum = 0;
  WtdCum = 0;

for j = 0 to Length-1
  begin
    Wtd = ExpValue(-(j-m)*(j-m)/(2*s*s));
    WtdSum = WtdSum + Price[Length-1-j] * Wtd;    
    WtdCum = WtdCum + Wtd;    
  end;

ALMA = WtdSum/WtdCum;

source (with other formulas for SuperSmoother, Kalman, etc): www.advantagetrading.net/adv-filters.html