Medved Trader Forums

SCHWAB integration - RELEASED BETA! (NOTE: some limitations)

Jerry Medved

3 minutes ago, Barnaby said:

It makes no sense because the data stream quality on TOS hasn’t changed so Schwab should be able to send the data to Medved too, just like in the past I would think?  

it will stay the same at least for a while. on TD Ameritrade, we had "Stream TICK quotes" option. with Schwab, we don't have the underlying data right now to do that. TOS uses a different datafeed.

28 minutes ago, Jerry Medved said:

it will stay the same at least for a while. on TD Ameritrade, we had "Stream TICK quotes" option. with Schwab, we don't have the underlying data right now to do that. TOS uses a different datafeed.

I’m guessing Schwab doesn’t want to let us in on premium data streams until they are sure their system can handle the new amount of users?   I’m thinking of trying the level 1 NBBO package in Dxfeed for charting and T&S in MT but not sure if that will be better, I use TOS for level 2 so don’t need more than L1 on MT. 

Edited by Barnaby

So we can just buy a monthly data feed package for DXfeed to get me thru till schwab gets its act together next month?  If this is correct please let me know what I need to buy . I really just need level 1 and option chain real time. thanks

2 hours ago, burp said:

Will this bundle work? 

the problem with that bundle is it is Level II only. it does NOT contain the consolidated Level I.

1 hour ago, burp said:

ok I purchsed the 2 boxes you checked and they gave me a login and password. I enetered them in medved but nothing really changed... 

did you change quote source on top of the portfolio window? (NOTE: NOT in settings)

7 hours ago, DavidE said:

will $TICKQ be available in the future?

don't know. not up to us. I did check on that before and it was not there.

5 hours ago, burp said:

I also see the IQ feed is listed on medved drop down menu

is one better than the other?

IQFeed is very good. dxFeed has better Level II choices and has unlimited symbols unlike IQFeed. 

11 hours ago, Barnaby said:

Yes, you can.  I use TOS and compared the T&S data from TOS to Schwab in MT.  The data is accurate, but aggregated per second (at best) on MT and we can no longer see each separate/tick trade. The question i have is whether or not this data will stay aggregated when it’s fixed or not.  It makes no sense because the data stream quality on TOS hasn’t changed so Schwab should be able to send the data to Medved too, just like in the past I would think?  

That's my view / thought.  I've tried the TOS desktop (don't care for it) and obviously am trading through the TOS mobile app currently.

Quotes and data are there, but not being fed to the third party API.  My view is it's hamstringing the access from outside platforms to nudge (or bludgeon) users into some conformity.  I suppose, if they wanted to, that third party API access could be completely denied with a "tough luck" shrug.

Of course that would alienate many active traders.

I'm going to give this a bit more time, but if it's not 90% or better of TDA's abilities when it's "done" then I'll seek alternative brokers / feeds.

4 hours ago, JamesKB2 said:

My view is it's hamstringing the access from outside platforms to nudge (or bludgeon) users into some conformity.  I suppose, if they wanted to, that third party API access could be completely denied with a "tough luck" shrug.

Of course that would alienate many active traders.

I'm going to give this a bit more time, but if it's not 90% or better of TDA's abilities when it's "done" then I'll seek alternative brokers / feeds.

I am with you. Let’s hope it’s just a case of tech issues getting ironed out. I did sub to dxfeed’s nbbo feed for $49/mo, it was simple easy and working well.  Hopefully won’t need it for long. 

JERRY!  Would really like to see a preferred list of other brokers from best to worst that are Medved compatible .  I dont think any will be beat TD.  Now that I have purchased a month of DXfeed data everything is working again. But if the Schwab glitches are not fixed by the end of the month I will have 2 weeks to find a new broker... So I see fidelity and IB listed...wonder which is better for being able to log into more than one computer and keep multiple L2 windows open... Medved and TD combo spoiled me with 10 monitors and 2 computers..  all suggestions welcome, Thanks!

54 minutes ago, burp said:

JERRY!  Would really like to see a preferred list of other brokers from best to worst that are Medved compatible .  I dont think any will be beat TD.  Now that I have purchased a month of DXfeed data everything is working again. But if the Schwab glitches are not fixed by the end of the month I will have 2 weeks to find a new broker... So I see fidelity and IB listed...wonder which is better for being able to log into more than one computer and keep multiple L2 windows open... Medved and TD combo spoiled me with 10 monitors and 2 computers..  all suggestions welcome, Thanks!

I use two computers, one with Thinkorswim and one with MT.  You can be logged onto TOS and MT at same time with no problem.  It works well for me.  

13 minutes ago, Barnaby said:

I use two computers, one with Thinkorswim and one with MT.  You can be logged onto TOS and MT at same time with no problem.  It works well for me.  

yes I do the same for now. But I like having all the L2's stacked on medved.. hopefully Jerry will list the other brokers that allow for multiple logins.  Yes I did see the work around for multiple logins but im old school guy that has no idea how to even understand the instructions that at best may only last for 7 days...  fwiw the DXfeed data is crazy fast...never seen anything like it with L2 and T&S

7 minutes ago, burp said:

yes I do the same for now. But I like having all the L2's stacked on medved.. hopefully Jerry will list the other brokers that allow for multiple logins.  Yes I did see the work around for multiple logins but im old school guy that has no idea how to even understand the instructions that at best may only last for 7 days...  fwiw the DXfeed data is crazy fast...never seen anything like it with L2 and T&S

Yeah, Think or Swim has to be the worst platform I have ever seen in my life, and I've seen many.

43 minutes ago, perriponders said:

So...........after all that from yesterday, today when I load medved it won't even allow Schwab to work?  I choose Schwab and it gives me yellow light.  Go back to Webull (which sucks) and at least seems to work.

MT uses an internal window (usually hidden) to login. it seems that it is having a problem with that. NOTE: normally it would not even need to get to that again but if you are using MT on multiple computer,that would trigger the full login again.  .  Close MT. Restart. If it still does the yellow connecting thing... send me the logs please.

the only other brokers that have Level II are TradeStation and Interactive brokers and IB is REALLY restrictive with # of L II and definitely with multiple computers.