Medved Trader Forums

SCHWAB integration - RELEASED BETA! (NOTE: some limitations)

Jerry Medved

Ext Hours y, that may be due to the issue I mentioned. right now during market it seems to match.

basically its a kludge. Internally until the authentication issue with streaming stuff is fixed, the equity quotes are basically not as messed up as Level II and options, so I enabled them. 

Looking at LLY during regular hours and it seems like the Schwab only updates for large orders. TD gets every tick. As a result, bid and ask realliy trail on the Schwab feed. Still think I should open an account with another broker. Is there one with tick data similar to TD Ameritrade?

odd. I am not seeing that here, but like I said - can't really tell until stuff is resolved. Also, if you login on the Schwab website with same account and go to Watchlist and add LLY, does it seem to update OK? that would basically be the "correct" updating.

as for other brokers, Fidelity, TradeStation are about same. Tradier data is tick by tick. IB is aggregated but faster than Fidelity or Tradestation, but has ton of other restrictions.

Data coming in from Schwab is definitely lower quality than from TD. Do a tick chart you will see clear difference. I am using Fidelity in the meantime until SCHB fix it, could be a long wait.   Fidelity is much better than Schwab but not sure as good as TD.  

TD and Schwab match pretty well with watchlist in Schwab and selecting just LLY from TD. It is primarily the bid price (and somewhat the ask) in the RAW data display that strays for the Schwab feed. TD RAW tracks it well.

Even the level II (not sure where that is coming from) for Schwab tracks it better then the RAW data display.

RAW data display in LLY is just more active, showing lots of trades with fewer than 100 shares. These don't appear in the Schwab RAW data.

On 5/2/2024 at 10:35 AM, zemuss said:

Please look into the Position close updates on the MedVed side as it took about 60 seconds for things to update..

get the beta I just released. I fixed up the handling of the updates when the streaming update notifications are not enabled (as is the case right now). so should be fixed.

• Like 1

Thanks man!

10 hours ago, Jerry Medved said:

get the beta I just released. I fixed up the handling of the updates when the streaming update notifications are not enabled (as is the case right now). so should be fixed.

Coming into this thread a bit late as I am now prepping for the TDA migration this weekend.  I guess based on Jerry's communications over the past year I had been assuming this migration would be seamless but starting to realize it might not be.  As a pattern daytrader, I count on robust data feeds from TDA and need accurate feeds including option flow, level 2 and news and this data must be accurate realtime streaming.  If however this will not be the case due to limited Schwab feeds into the API, I will need to look at alternatives to get this data streamed and not impact my trading.  I do not have another broker as a source.  I know the trading setup will work but does anyone have ideas on a backup source to stream accurate data if Schwab data is limited initially?  Planning for disruption jic.

@momotrader

Edited by eusjmp

I do not expect trading issues.  Quotes are a different issue :(.  For me with a few different accounts I tried, the equities are OK - same as TD Ameritrade, though no "Stream TICK Quotes" option.  there have been a couple people that had bad results. One thing to make sure - that you indicate that you are non-Professional on the site. needs to be done for new accounts.

Alternatives - dxFeed has very good datafeed AND has Level II. Frankly I would have been using that instead of TD Ameritrade as well had I not had other options, so I would recommend them here too.  

Jerry,

I noticed this problem on many occasions, while not trading, and MT is dormant for a period of time:

- DOM is pointed to Schwab Data source for symbol @MESM24, and my Trading source is set to an IB Simulated Acct;

DOM stops updating and I need to toggle Data source off/on, to start getting DOM activity going again.  Sometimes it doesn't even resume, and I need to switch Data source to IB and then back to Schwab for it to resume.

Level 1 data for above symbol always updates fine on my portfolio screen.

Looks to be a Schwab data issue, and not an MT issue.