Medved Trader Forums

News Filter?

ydfah

Question

22 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Jerry Medved said:

not right now, but we will be doing that

You guys always say that. 🙄 😉 Take a look at this image of a 7-day period for just one of the stocks I'm dealing with. Out of the 42 news lines shown, 35 are garbage law firm announcements and only 7 are actual news. Multiply this window by many other stock tickers and it quickly gets annoying to have to weed through them all.

News.jpg

5 hours ago, Jerry Medved said:

maybe it says something about the type of stocks you are playing :)

as for what we say, best I can do. sorry.

Well I'd like to play the popular fast moving ones, but MT just can't seem to keep up with those. ↘️ 🤪

I dont think this ever happened.

Could really use a filter in the main  news feed for excluding garbage.

Same method  as the ALERTS box would prob work well .

Those clowns at Benzinga are polluting the feed with endless "Understanding XYZ Unusual Options Activity" headlines. 

right now the news window is not setup for filtering (would have to change the way we handle the display of the data). However, once we do add the filtering, it will not have access to the filters that you asked for. For that you would want to filter in a portfolio by modifying scans etc and then just looking at the news for the result symbols. Or, you can do it using our API. 

I guess I was using it wrong. It uses AND OR NOT operators, I was trying to use +/- operators.

I wanted to filter out lawyers and lawsuit articles, so here's what I wrote, and it works: not "shareholder alert" and not "deadline alert" and not rosen and not glancy and not kirby

👍

For some reason, I don't have the "symbols" row like you do, only "headline" and "source."

Edited by ydfah