Medved Trader Forums

IB TWS Market Scanner via API

3acor

Hey,

Is TWS Market Scanner implemented in Medved via API? It would be a great feature so that we can scan Premarket Gappers and those who have limited symbols on datafeeds to be able to scan more symbols such as low float stocks since there are many and no datafeed allows to scan that many symbols.

Here is a link 
https://interactivebrokers.github.io/tws-api/market_scanners.html

Thanks

Edited by 3acor

20 hours ago, Mike Medved said:

The problem with that is that in order to create such lists you have to have internal access to the whole universe of stocks' wide pipe. Brokerages do. We don't.

No MIke; Ninjatrader do that with the same datafeeds ( IQfeed, IB etc etc) . I have another platform called Agenatrader and the same,  i just use ib datafeed with only 100 symbols to run it.  Yes, must be reloaded to update the symbols, but its possible to set an autoreload every x minutes.

I dont say its easy,  but yes its possible.

17 minutes ago, merlin8121 said:

No MIke; Ninjatrader do that with the same datafeeds ( IQfeed, IB etc etc) . I have another platform called Agenatrader and the same,  i just use ib datafeed with only 100 symbols to run it.  Yes, must be reloaded to update the symbols, but its possible to set an autoreload every x minutes.

I dont say its easy,  but yes its possible.

Most probable the platform scans just the % change (and perhaps  last and volume data)  for all symbols subscribing and unsubscribing until  a list is created, filtering only the first 50/100 gainers and continuing only with them subscribed.

You can easily check both platforms. Ninjatrader its free for papertrade and agenatrader its free the first month to try. You can use my IB papertrade account as datafeed.

Honestly this ability is what really MT needs to be a standalone platform for all kind of traders. As today, momentum plays are not playable with MT without an additional software/scanner. And of course there is the problem of the number of ticket for each datafeed; having this capability a 100's datafeed should be enough . I think you and Jerry are underestimating this need.

Edited by merlin8121

• 2 months later...

I trade futures (IB) prob 70% of the time via MT, and maybe 10% long-term stock plays (TDA) also via MT. But when I trade momentum stocks and options I just wind up using TOS as my platform, to use their integrated scanning facilities.  I too, would love what others above suggest, although I understand the universe of symbols issue.  The MT scanner is great and quite extensible, but its limitation is the # of symbols that can be processed (for me, 1,500 via TDA).

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...