Medved Trader Forums

DXFEED

merlin8121

Subscribed to  dxfeed  (49 usd, consolidated data )  .

Testing it .Really  fast , and at the moment, seems better than Quotemedia connect (i dont know the limit of symbols i can use per watchlist , but now i'm using a 1100+ list realtime without problems). A limited lvl2 is included with this subscription .

The datafeed is active from 04:00 Am .

11 hours ago, dafa321 said:

MT team, looks like dxfeed a great addition feed,

any one has comments or compare the dxfeed to 

IB/TD/Webull feed  in the first 5 minutes during  market open

(9:30-9:35am EST)? 

currently I face data lag issues(TDA,etc) only occurs on the first 5

minutes during open. Thanks

I have IB and sometimes i use too the feed from Webull. This one (Dxfeed) is by far better in speed ; its tick by tick data, and with no symbol limits. Plus have a limited lvl2 data included. I have the 49 usd subscription, which includes aggregated data from all exchanges.

Yesterday no problems at the open. 

Overall, very satisfied. At the moment seems even better than Quotemedia Connect, perhaps similar to Iqfeed in speed. 

Edited by merlin8121

Yep, agree with merlin. dxFeed is better in every way than QuoteMedia, and certainly far better than the broker data feeds (have used feeds from IB, TDA, Webull). Scanning over 5000 symbols without a hiccup.

Data feed at open has been perfectly fine as well.

1 minute ago, Arg said:

If I am trading with TDA and using the TDA data feed will any lag in the TDA data feed also mean that there is a corresponding lag in any buy/sell orders sent to TDA? In which case using a faster data feed might not be very useful.

No, that is completely independent. I am not a fan of the quality of TD Ameritrade fills for the past year, but that is about price improvements (or lack of them). Their fill speed is great.

2 minutes ago, Jerry Medved said:

No, that is completely independent. I am not a fan of the quality of TD Ameritrade fills for the past year, but that is mainly about price improvements. Their fill speed is great.

Yes, TDA fills are not very good. But good to know I can switch to a faster feed (to avoid the frequent morning lag with TDA).

On 12/10/2021 at 3:00 PM, mb4x4 said:

Yep, agree with merlin. dxFeed is better in every way than QuoteMedia, and certainly far better than the broker data feeds (have used feeds from IB, TDA, Webull). Scanning over 5000 symbols without a hiccup.

Data feed at open has been perfectly fine as well.

merlin\mb, thanks , I am sold and will try it out.

1 hour ago, Arg said:

Yes, TDA fills are not very good. But good to know I can switch to a faster feed (to avoid the frequent morning lag with TDA).

Thinking about this a bit more I don't think a faster separate data feed will really improve the ability to use TDA during periods of lag.  TDA morning lag seems to be due to TDA's lag in reporting trades. For instance I can send a buy order on TDA and I will see the order as unfilled and pending on the charts. However, I believe the trade will already have gone through but there won't be any immediate confirmation from TDA (could take 10s of seconds or longer). So this lag in trade confirmation will be the main problem - and won't be solved by a faster independent data feed.

• 3 weeks later...