Medved Trader Forums

SCHWAB integration - RELEASED BETA! (NOTE: some limitations)

Jerry Medved

Jerry

I sent you my logs yesterday because my stop/start data wasn't coordinating for different watchlists.  I still had AT selected on some of my watchlists.  I assumed a change for one would redo all.  This post made me realize this

no, each window can select its own source. so have to go through and change it everywhere though after tonight, the program will automatically change to Ameritrade to Schwab.

as for the logs, I got them but will not be able to check them till tomorrow. please let me know if still an issue

Ok so as of Monday 5/13/24, the final td accounts have been ported over to swab. 

As of right now, from what I read, data from schwab isn't working correctly for charts and options? Also we can only use 1 account?

I day trade using the options chart. So just want to double check, I will not have live data to use on my charts as this is still not fixed on schwabs end? 

Also is tech support responding to questions? Have 2 pending emails going back two weeks without resolution. 

Thanks!

Options - Correct. would need to use a different data source.

you can use as many accounts as you want. The only new restriction is that if you want to use the same login ID on multiple computers, then we need to jump through some hoops 

as for their support, I have no idea

Hi Jerry, I can log into ToS with my new Schwab credentials but when I tried to add the same credentials to MT (Verify & Get Accounts) I get a browser pop-up with an MFA request and then a couple of terms and conditions I have to accept (which I did) but ultimately it comes back to a screen that says "No eligible accounts available to link."

Should I be waiting until Monday to do these things?   My account is futures-enabled and it shows up ok in the Schwab version of ToS (meaning all my positions are there now)

Edited by Pete

Morning Jerry, my TD account switched over at 5 without any drama and I could stream data from the get go, it’s not quite as detailed as ToS data but it’s close. I’m assuming that’s part of the “level 1 quote quality” data stream issues?  When all said and done, do you think the quality of the Schwab streaming data will be equivalent to the old TD data when it’s all is resolved?

Thanks for all. ,  

1 hour ago, burp said:

So I keep getting a popup from Schwab  to consent to medved API . I agree and submit each time but it keeps repeating about every 30-45mins  thoughts?

You must be using the same login on 2 computers.  That is a problem since Schwab restricts to one login.  Refer to this link for workaround:

https://forums.medvedtrader.com/topic/5714-schwab-integration-released-beta-note-some-limitations/?do=findComment&comment=26876

1 minute ago, Jerry Medved said:

You must be using the same login on 2 computers.  That is a problem since Schwab restricts to one login.  Refer to this link for workaround:

https://forums.medvedtrader.com/topic/5714-schwab-integration-released-beta-note-some-limitations/?do=findComment&comment=26876

Just so I don't freak out anymore, only data feed I can get is Schwab since Webull doesn't do jack for me.  Right now all I seem to get is just bid/ask that I think might be accurate but don't even know.

I've done every step you've talked about.

So just so I'm clear, my level 2 and T&S won't be working for possibly the next 2 weeks until this is fixed?

5 minutes ago, perriponders said:

Holy cow end of may?  So I'm flying blind this entire month?  Because my only backup is Webull and that also isn't working for shit.

at least we have a specific ETA.  only Level II option is dxFeed

Just now, perriponders said:

Just so I don't freak out anymore, only data feed I can get is Schwab since Webull doesn't do jack for me.  Right now all I seem to get is just bid/ask that I think might be accurate but don't even know.

I've done every step you've talked about.

So just so I'm clear, my level 2 and T&S won't be working for possibly the next 2 weeks until this is fixed?

yes.  and as far as T&S - main quotes will be same as TDAmeritrade, but there is no "Stream TICK Quotes", so data will be aggregated.

2 minutes ago, Jerry Medved said:

at least we have a specific ETA.  only Level II option is dxFeed

yes.  and as far as T&S - main quotes will be same as TDAmeritrade, but there is no "Stream TICK Quotes", so data will be aggregated.

Last question, so the quotes I get in portfolio now, just bid and ask plus the volume, do I trust those are accurate at least?  Those do update it seems but without anything to confirm not sure.  Thanks and I feel for you buddy, what a headache this has been.

So I may just make the jump away from Schwab.. I dont like the mobile app and really dont care for the weak website.. Schwab is lacking so many things daytraders needs. Now that TD is gone what other broker would someone suggest that works well with MEDVED trader... Ive been useing medved/quotetracker for decades and it's like an old friend to me... all idea's welcome

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jerry Medved said:

bid/ask/volume - you mean last is not updated? I have it updating here.... any particular symbols?

I was just asking, on a list of stocks can I at least trust the bid/ask/last/volume, it seems to be working at least there but again I have no way to double check.  Does seem my T&S works it is only level2.

2 minutes ago, perriponders said:

I was just asking, on a list of stocks can I at least trust the bid/ask/last/volume, it seems to be working at least there but again I have no way to double check.  Does seem my T&S works it is only level2.

from what I saw, those should be good, but cannot stake my life on it. 

9 minutes ago, Jerry Medved said:

from what I saw, those should be good, but cannot stake my life on it. 

Thanks.  For the record I would never ask for someone's life just their first born child.

Good luck man, hope this gets resolved for you and us in the next week or two.  Feel like I'm trading back in the mid 90s again flying blind.  Better than the 80s when I would check quotes in the newspaper though.

6 minutes ago, perriponders said:

Yes, you can.  I use TOS and compared the T&S data from TOS to Schwab in MT.  The data is accurate, but aggregated per second (at best) on MT and we can no longer see each separate/tick trade. The question i have is whether or not this data will stay aggregated when it’s fixed or not.  It makes no sense because the data stream quality on TOS hasn’t changed so Schwab should be able to send the data to Medved too, just like in the past I would think?  

On 5/10/2024 at 7:41 AM, Jerry Medved said:

index symbols will not have the .X on the end. that's all 

Gotcha .. all are working now except $VX.  The VIX futures. Can you confirm if there is another ticker for this?