Medved Trader Forums

SCHWAB integration - RELEASED BETA! (NOTE: some limitations)

Jerry Medved

Lets not get too far ahead of ourselves.  The Level II stuff WILL be fixed and will be exactly the same as AMTD. I can get it to work now in order to compare by manually entering some authentication stuff from the website internals into MT, so I KNOW that it works. Once the issue is resolved with their end of May update, it will be fine in MT.

As for the multiple logins, it is relatively easy to resolve once. I am definitely still pushing for them to remove that draconian restriction. 

Now on to other issues that are due to our issue - basically a new setup that still needs to be tweaked. I am getting a few reports about positions/transactions not updating correctly. Please note that this as far as I can tell so far, this is from OUR end. If you see this problem, please email us.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jerry Medved said:

MT uses an internal window (usually hidden) to login. it seems that it is having a problem with that. NOTE: normally it would not even need to get to that again but if you are using MT on multiple computer,that would trigger the full login again.  .  Close MT. Restart. If it still does the yellow connecting thing... send me the logs please.

the only other brokers that have Level II are TradeStation and Interactive brokers and IB is REALLY restrictive with # of L II and definitely with multiple computers.

Oh, apparently got one of those popups about agree to terms from Schwab and it was buried behind other windows so I couldn't click on it, that said, seems I get that popup every single day and have to agree.

Just now, perriponders said:

Oh, apparently got one of those popups about agree to terms from Schwab and it was buried behind other windows so I couldn't click on it, that said, seems I get that popup every single day and have to agree.

I will see about forcing it to top more. NOTE: you should NOT be getting it again if running on a single computer. If  using MT on multiple, then make sure to do the workaround I posted.

1 minute ago, Jerry Medved said:

Lets not get too far ahead of ourselves.  The Level II stuff WILL be fixed and will be exactly the same as AMTD. I can get it to work now in order to compare by manually entering some authentication stuff from the website internals into MT, so I KNOW that it works. Once the issue is resolved with their end of May update, it will be fine in MT.

As for the multiple logins, it is relatively easy to resolve once. I am definitely still pushing for them to remove that draconian restriction. 

Now on to other issues that are due to our issue - basically a new setup that still needs to be tweaked. I am getting a few reports about positions/transactions not updating correctly. Please note that this as far as I can tell so far, this is from OUR end. If you see this problem, please email us.

Jerry, I've dealt with you for I think 20 years now, I am non stop amazed at how on top of things you are and how easily you can relay issues and fix things, you truly are appreciated thank you.  I've gotten many to subscribe to you and each of them are shocked at how on top of things you are.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Jerry Medved said:

MT uses an internal window (usually hidden) to login. it seems that it is having a problem with that. NOTE: normally it would not even need to get to that again but if you are using MT on multiple computer,that would trigger the full login again.  .  Close MT. Restart. If it still does the yellow connecting thing... send me the logs please.

the only other brokers that have Level II are TradeStation and Interactive brokers and IB is REALLY restrictive with # of L II and definitely with multiple computers.

Does fidelity allow multiple computers and what is the L2 window limit  thanks

Just to let you know.  My Level II started working this morning.  I have three level II boxes on my screen.  When I turned on MT, it said an update was available and I updated it.  When it came UP, two of the Level II were working and the third was not updating.  I re-entered the stock symbol and it also started working.  Options are still not working.  Thank you for your support.  

for setups where MT converted AMTD to SHWAB source - already open L II windows will still show with the source selection showing empty but it will actually use the data from Schwab. However, if you compare the data, it REALLY sucks.  That is what will be resolved at end of May at which point we will enable L II in Schwab again

• Like 1

4 hours ago, perriponders said:

Jerry, I've dealt with you for I think 20 years now, I am non stop amazed at how on top of things you are and how easily you can relay issues and fix things, you truly are appreciated thank you.  I've gotten many to subscribe to you and each of them are shocked at how on top of things you are.

That's my bro.

• Like 7

Medved trader will not allow trades after updating this morning.  was working great yesterday  , I followed directions on pop to contact Schwab and make account thinkswim enable. They said it already is but I can longer place orders via Medved trader. Please advise

How can I find out whether I am running the Beta version or the Production version and how can I switch between the two?  Also does the Beta version have more features on Schwab than the Production version? Thanks. 

you are running the production version that we just released. there is no switching between them - right now there i no beta since we just released the latest. 

The only updated functionality with Schwab will be after May 30 when they make a change on their end. Once confirmed, I will enable L II and Options.

• Thanks 1

On 5/14/2024 at 6:16 AM, perriponders said:

I've been on board with Jerry since 1998 (26 years)...since the Medved Quotetracker days. Jerry sold his Quotetracker to TD Ameritrade and TD Ameritrade turned it into Think or Swim. Quotetracker was decades ahead of its time. Jerry then wrote Medved Trader from scratch which is extremely similar to Quotetracker visually and in functionality, but very different at the same time, code wise, and he did this so as not to infringe on the proprietary qualities of the original Quotetracker program he sold to TD Ameritrade. Jerry is a living legend. Not only brilliant technically, but one of the most caring and helpful programmers and people there ever was in the industry. I've been running Medved Trader perfectly on an Asus Aspire One D270-1835 Windows Notebook from 2012 which has absolutely minimal specs - only an Intel Atom CPU (1.6 Ghz, 1 MB L2 cache) and only 1 GB of DDR3 Memory.  The notebook originally had Windows 7 Starter on it, and now I actually have it running Windows 10 with those same exact specs and nothing upgraded. Medved Trader is written so eloquently and efficiently that there is absolutely no problem running the program on this grossly under-speced and completely outdated notebook. The notebook shouldn't even be able to run Windows 10.  It is an incredible feat to be able to run Medved Trader on it with no problems. This is a perfect example of just how good of a programmer Jerry is.

• Like 5

Thanks, but lets not forget that though I may be the vocal one, Both QuoteTracker and Medved Trader were written by Mike Medved as well :). In fact, QT was only written by him (I handled the trading setups and other stuff but code itself was Delphi and all Mike )

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Jerry Medved said:

Thanks, but lets not forget that though I may be the vocal one, Both QuoteTracker and Medved Trader were written by Mike Medved as well :). In fact, QT was only written by him (I handled the trading setups and other stuff but code itself was Delphi and all Mike )

Even though I've used you for so long I didn't know the entire history but appreciate everyone there thanks.

Now please kick Schwab's ass and get us back to 100% thanks lol.

• Like 1

Just curious how many people use Medved trader... I always have a fear in the back of my mind that one day Jerry and Mike may throw in the towel and close shop... hope that never happens.

3 hours ago, burp said:

Just curious how many people use Medved trader... I always have a fear in the back of my mind that one day Jerry and Mike may throw in the towel and close shop... hope that never happens.

I've thought about that too, and it's why I pitch the program / platform when the timing is right.  Once on X (then Twitter) TOS was not working and there were many frustrated peeps.  A perfect time to introduce MT (and I did).

Don't know if it gave any business to the guys, but I too have used it since QT days, back when TDA had paper trading, QT allowed me to "practice" and learn.  1998?  I can't recall exactly.

I'm old now, and set in my ways so having to learn a completely new platform is not something I care to do...

Not sure if this is Schwab feed related, but with the latest version and Beta before that,  chart timeframe is not automatically picking up the correct one, it always pick up the "US Equity Market" as default even I selected CME Globex as default in settings.  Even if I set it to CME Globex in a chart for future @ES, it does not remember it and will revert to US Equity Market next time you open the chart. Same thing for @GC @SI .. etc., always use US Equity Market initially and does not remember my choice.  I thought this is automatic before.

It could be but don't think that is the case here. I started with all data deleted, Schwab quotes, Schwab backfill. It defaulted @ES to GLOBEX.  Check what backfill source you have. If still cannot find the issue, send me the logs. 

Go to FILE / HELP => Send Log/Settings to support menu (from Dashboard or Portfolio)

And add this Post’s URL in the comment.