Medved Trader Forums

UPDATE: TD Ameritrade Schwab account migration

Jerry Medved

Wise choice.

Yes, assuming this is for quotes only, go to SETTINGS / DATA SOURCES / CONFIGURE ACCOUNTS - click on TD AMERITRADE in the list.  And change the login on the right side

If yo are still getting prompts about the old account, then make sure it is removed from trading:
SETTINGS / TRADING / ACCOUNTS - Make sure that the old TD Ameritrade login is deleted.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow that was super simple.  Created an account in TDAmeritrade and I didn't even have to fund the account I just went and signed the docs for the data and bam was up and running in less than 10 minutes.  That's the answer right there!

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, zemuss said:

My account was switched and the person said there was nothing they could do. 

I did see this beta site https://beta-developer.schwab.com/products

hopefully we get the api sooner rather than later.

we have not received the API yet.  As for nothing you can do, you can open a TD Ameritrade account for the time being. 

Specifically using this link: (otherwise the links on the site point to opening a Schwab account and make it difficult to find the link for TD Ameritrade)

https://start.tdameritrade.com/select?entity=103

Jerry, what's your drop-dead date for getting the details of the Schwab API so that people migrating in the last group (weekend of May 10th) can be confident that MT will still be working with TD/Schwab Monday morning May 13th?

38 minutes ago, Jerry Medved said:

we just got the API stuff yesterday.

Thank god! I just got an email from Schwab that I will be switched to them from TDA on May 10. Still might end up moving everything to Fido since Schwab will not allow customers to enroll in real DRIPs that give you shares of a CEF at a discount - that's like stealing 5% of my div money for a CEF like PDI.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...